Voting Deadline: February 4, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
The Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM) Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the ballot is open for two Board of Directors positions:
- President-Elect (1-year term as President-Elect, ascends to President for one year, and then serves as Past-President the following year)
- Member-Delegate (3-year term)
The roles and responsibilities for each position are described below:
- Serves as chairperson at any meeting, other than the annual meeting, in the absence of the president
- In case of absence, disability, or resignation of the president, performs the duties of president
- Makes council and committee chair appointments, subject to Board confirmation
- Works closely with the president on all executive matters
- Serves a one-year term of office, ascends to president for one year and serves as past-president for one year
- Represents the broad-based interests of the membership
- Serves on the Executive Committee as a voting member
- Serves a three-year term of office
Candidates are prohibited from using the listservs to campaign and SIGs can’t endorse individual candidates.
Eligible voters: Full Members, Emeritus Members, Fellows, Fellow Emeritus, and Transitional Members.
Not eligible to vote: Non-members, Student Members, Associate Members, and Affiliate Members.
Voters must be 2019 SBM members. Need to join or renew? Visit sbm.org/membership.