2023 Student Volunteer Information
We are no longer accepting new applications.
The Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM) is seeking SBM student members interested in volunteering at the 44th Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, taking place April 26 to April 29, 2023, in Phoenix, AZ.
Volunteer positions are given out based on merit, so students who apply with top scored abstracts will be selected. Positions are limited, so please note that completing and submitting your application does not confirm or imply acceptance.
All volunteers are asked to meet the requirements listed below in return for a reimbursement of their registration fee. Common responsibilities include working the registration desk, conducting session headcounts, and using SBM social media accounts.
- Be a 2023 SBM student member. Join or renew your 2023 membership while registering for the annual meeting or by visiting our membership page.
- Have submitted an accepted abstract for the 2023 Annual Meeting.
- Complete the Student Volunteer Application by February 24, 2023.
- If selected as a volunteer, you must pay the $195 Early-Bird student registration fee by March 22, 2023. The $195 base registration fee will be refunded within 4 weeks following the meeting, pending the confirmation of successful completion of all volunteering duties.
- Volunteers must complete one session of 4-5 hours of volunteering at the meeting. Upon acceptance, the national office will confirm your volunteering time slot. If your preferred time slot is unavailable, you will be given the chance to request an open time slot, or to be moved to the back-up list. SBM will try to accommodate preferences, but cannot guarantee availability.
- Volunteers are asked to sign in at the registration desk before their start time, and sign out upon completion. Volunteers who do not sign out or who depart their assigned station early will not receive reimbursement.
Additional details will be provided upon acceptance.
- Click here to complete your application.