SBM2023 in Phoenix
Plan Your Trip
Phoenix is a multicultural city with something for everyone, from desert trail adventures to the finest dining. Plan your trip here.
See Why Our Members Love Living in Phoenix
[Sarah to add testimonials and photos]
Engage with Us on Reproductive Rights
Following the June 2022 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, some members raised concerns about holding our 2023 Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ. Annual Meeting Planning Committee leaders took this concern very seriously and considered options with a view toward achieving our organizational mission of proven science and better health for all. Read the committee’s full statement about staying the course in Phoenix.
The committee is dedicated to having productive dialogue on this topic and engaging with the local community in concrete ways. So far, we are:
- Encouraging abstract submissions on women’s health, the health of marginalized populations, social and environmental context, and reproductive health.
- Planning an Annual Meeting presidential panel discussion on reproductive healthcare, with invited presenters from local organizations.
- Hosting a 3-part webinar series on reproductive justice in fall 2022.
- Promoting our position statement calling for the protection of abortion rights.
- Encouraging our special interest groups to give out Annual Meeting awards to local community groups.
- Considering local healthcare and/or advocacy groups to receive donations from SBM.
- Surveying our members about how to further engage on the topic of reproductive rights.