2022 Student Volunteer Information
The Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM) is seeking SBM student members interested in volunteering at the 43rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, taking place April 6 to April 9, 2022, in Baltimore, MD.
All volunteers are asked to meet the requirements listed below in return for a reimbursement of their registration fee. Common volunteer responsibilities include working the registration desk, conducting session headcounts, using SBM social media accounts, and taking pictures of sessions.
Volunteer positions are given out based on merit, so students who apply with top scored abstracts will be selected. Positions are limited, so please note that completing and submitting your application does not confirm or imply acceptance.
- Be a 2022 SBM student member. You can join or renew your 2022 membership while registering for the Annual Meeting or by visiting our membership page.
- Have submitted an accepted abstract for the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Complete the Student Volunteer Application by February 23, 2022.
- If selected as a volunteer, you must pay the $195 early-bird student registration fee by March 3, 2022. The $195 base registration fee will be refunded within 4 weeks following the meeting, pending the confirmation of successful completion of all volunteering duties.
- Volunteers must complete 4-6 hours of volunteering at the meeting. Upon acceptance, the SBM national office will confirm your volunteering time slot. If your preferred time slot is unavailable, you will be given the chance to request an open time slot, or to be moved to the back-up list. SBM will try to accommodate preferences, but cannot guarantee availability.
- Volunteers are asked to sign in at the registration desk before their start time and sign out upon completion. Volunteers who do not sign out or who depart their assigned station early will not receive reimbursement.
- Additional details will be provided upon acceptance.