Stay Through Saturday
Meeting sessions continue until 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 14 and include a full slate of symposia and posters.
There’s a master lecture panel on engaging industry to enhance the impact of behavioral medicine. It will feature industry leaders Jeff Dachis from OneDrop, Deborah Kilpatrick, PhD, from Evidation Health, Drew Schiller from Validic, and Vanessa Mason, MPH, from P2Health Ventures.
You don’t want to miss our closing keynote presentation by Tom Farley, MD, MPH, who’s taken on Big Tobacco and Big Soda as health commissioner of Philadelphia and New York City.
There's a new speed networking session from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. where graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty can connect with senior leaders in the field to enhance their professional growth. Lunch will be provided. RSVPs for this event are now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Seward, firstname.lastname@example.org. The following SBM leaders will serve as mentors:
- Elva Arredondo, PhD, SBM Member Delegate, San Diego State University
- Monica Baskin, PhD, SBM Member Delegate, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Gary Bennett, PhD, SBM President, Duke University
- Heather Cole-Lewis, PhD, SBM Digital Health Council Chair, Johnson and Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions
- Michael Diefenbach, PhD, SBM Secretary/Treasurer, Northwell Health
- Edwin B. Fisher, PhD, SBM Awards Committee Chair, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Sabrina Ford, PhD, SBM Health Equity Special Interest Group Co-Chair, Michigan State University
- Lorna Haughton McNeill, MPH, PhD, SBM Membership Council Chair, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Amy Janke, PhD, SBM Scientific and Professional Liaison Council Chair, University of the Sciences
- Abby King, PhD, SBM Past President, Stanford University Medical School
- Sherry Pagoto, PhD, SBM President-Elect, University of Connecticut
- Jim Sallis, PhD, SBM Past President, University of California, San Diego
- Margaret Schneider, PhD, SBM Member Delegate, University of California, Irvine
- Rachel Shelton, ScD, MPH, SBM Program Chair, Columbia's Mailman School of Public Health
- William Sieber, PhD, SBM's Outlook Newsletter Editor, University of California, San Diego
- Bonnie Spring, PhD, ABPP, SBM Past President, Northwestern University
After sessions are over, spend the day exploring New Orleans. Bring your family and try a swamp tour, visit the Audubon Zoo or Aquarium, rent paddleboats at City Park, or check out the Louisiana Children’s Museum. You can also stay for New Orleans’ popular French Quarter Festival, taking place that weekend. This free music festival features more than 1,700 musicians on 20+ stages.