Thursday, April 28: Paper Sessions
Paper Session 01: From Virtual to Reality: Innovative Physical Activity Promotion Strategies
- Do Exergames Allow Children to Achieve Physical Activity Intensity Commensurate with National Guidelines?
- Who Responds Better to a Computer-Delivered vs. Human-Delivered Physical Activity Intervention?
- Employing "Virtual Advisors" to Promote Physical Activity in Underserved Communities: Results from the COMPASS Study
- Peer Volunteers Improve Maintenance of Physical Activity: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Paper Session 02: Emerging Issues in Head and Neck Cancer
Paper Session 03: Factors Affecting Self-management and Glycemic Control among Pediatric Populations with Type 1 Diabetes
- The Relationship between Depressive Symptoms, Self-Efficacy and Adherence in Preadolescents with Type 1 Diabetes
- Maternal and Paternal Involvement in Type 1 Diabetes Management and the Development of Self-Regulation Skills among Adolescents
- Maternal Monitoring and the Adaptiveness of Parent-Adolescent Diabetes Transactions over Time
- Parent-Child Conflict Mediates Relationship Between Diabetes Self-Management Behaviors and Perceived Illness Intrusiveness in Pediatric Diabetes
- The Relationship of Diet Quality and Disordered Eating Behaviors in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D)
Paper Session 04: Prostate and Breast Cancer: An Examination of QOL, Cognitive Functioning, and Intervention Strategies
- PC-PEP: Preliminary Results from an RCT of a Telehealth Symptom Management Program for Lw-Health-Literacy Men Treated for Localized Prostate Cancer
- Physical and Psychological Effects of Affectional Expression between Spouses in Advanced Prostate Cancer Survivors
- Pretreatment Cognitive Function in Women with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Paper Session 05: Moderating Effects on the Experience of Chronic Pain
- Locus of Control Moderates the Effect of Stress Management Therapy for Chronic Tension-Type Headache on Self-Efficacy
- CBT for Chronic Pain: Specific vs General Therapeutic Processes
- Positive Emotion and Pain: Does Arousal Matter?
Paper Session 06: HIV Risk, Medication Adherence and Disease Progression
- Defining HIV Medicine Adherence as Number of Prescribed Medications vs. Doses Taken is the Best Predictor of Clinical Outcomes
- Type C coping, Alexithymia, and Psychophysiological Reactivity Significantly Predict 3 year HIV Progression and Anti-Progression Immune Factors
- Medical Outcomes of HIV+ Individuals Two Years After Initiating Psychiatric Services
- Identifying Potential Mediators and Secondary Effects of an Effective ART Adherence Intervention
Paper Session 07: It's Off to Work We Go - Worksite-based Health Promotion
- Work-Site Physical Environmental Factors That Relate Positively to Employee Physical Activity and Weight Status
- A Randomized Controlled Trial Promoting Exercise for Wheelchair Users
Paper Session 08: Emerging Predictors of Obesity-related Attitudes and Behaviors in Theory and Practice
- A Theoretical and Contextual Examination of Obesity-Related Eating Behaviors in African American Women.
- Delay Discounting, Food Reward, and Eating in the Absence of Hunger in Overweight and Obese Women
Paper Session 09: Social Contextual Influences on Health
- A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Association between Financial Hardship and Self-Rated Health
- Does Neighborhood STD Rate Explain the Association Between Race and STD Diagnosis?
- The Association between Neighborhood Environment and Neighborhood Satisfaction: Demographic Moderators
- The Classroom Social Network and Depressive Symptoms: Do Network Composition and Characteristics Influence Adolescent Depression?
Paper Session 10: Treating the Nation's Veterans: Strategies for Addressing Depression, Obesity, & Hypertension
- Women Veterans Transitioning from Combat to Our Health Care Systems: What are their Needs and Preferences?
- Enhancing Entrance into Treatment for Post-Deployment Veterans Through Collaborative/Integrated Care.
Paper Session 11: Innovations in Cardiovascular Behavioral Medicine Research
- Self-efficacy is Associated with Change in Treatment Adherence Over Six Months in Heart Failure Patients
- Avoidant Coping Moderates the Effect of Anxiety on Physical Functioning in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure
- The Association Between Variants on Chromosome 9p21 and Inflammatory Biomarkers in Ethnically Diverse Women with Coronary Heart Disease: A Pilot Study
- Evidence of Shared Polygenic Risk among Smoking Behaviors and Body Composition
Paper Session 12: Putting it in Context: Environmental, Social, and Psychological Correlates of Physical Activity
- An Examination of Adolescent's Physical Activity Space and Relationships with Self-Defined and Buffer-Defined Neighborhood Boundaries
- Does the Built Environment make a Difference? Observed Physical Activity in Renovated vs. Non-Renovated Elementary School Playgrounds
- Using Interactive Voice Response Technology to Support Physical Activity Goal Setting
Paper Session 13: Approaches for Improving and Evaluating Patient-Provider Communication
- Patient Participation in Physical Activity Counseling in Primary Care: Analysis of 139 Audio-recorded Visits using the 5As Framework
- Influence of Physician and Patient Characteristics on Weight Loss Counseling
- Congruence Research: Methodological Advancement Can Speed Its Impact on the Public's Health
Paper Session 14: Understanding Responses to Genetic Testing and Factors Influencing Decision Making
- Responses to Genetic Test Results vs. Family History Information among Community Health Center Patients
- Understanding Ever-Smokers' Uptake of and Reactions to Personalized Genetic Susceptibility Testing in the Multiplex Initiative
- A Structural Equation Model on Treatment Decision Making among Latinas with Breast Cancer
Paper Session 15: Psycho-social Functioning among Lung Cancer Patients: Blame, Panic, Fatigue, Physical Activity and Smoking Abstinence
- Impact of Cancer Diagnosis on Patient and Family Smoking Abstinence
- The Role of Blame and Self-Blame in the Psycholosocial Adjustment of Patients and Their Partners to Lung Cancer
- Longitudinal Evaluation of Fatigue, Distress, and Quality of Life (QOL) among Stage IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Patients
- Physical Activity Impacts Quality of Life in Long-Term Lung Cancer Survivors
Paper Session 16: Emerging Issues in Diabetes Control
- Diabetes-Specific Family Conflict Predicts Adolescents' Glycemic Control One Year Later: The Mediating Role of Adherence.
- The Role of Diabetes in Cognitive Decline in Middle-Aged and Older Americans
- Psychosocial Adversity Predicts Incidence of Impaired Glucose Tolerance: The Australian Diabetes Obesity and Lifestyle Study
Paper Session 17: Infertility, Pregnancy, and Postpartum Health
- Pregnancy-Smoking Among African-Americans - Is the Environment Wholly to Blame for Refractoriness to Change?
- Fertility Treatment Duration and Illness-Related Cognitions and Emotions in Women
- Personality and Health During Pregnancy
Paper Session 18: Findings from Childhood Obesity Interventions in Schools, and with Parents