Weight Watchers – Senior Manager, Clinical Research (New York, NY)
At Weight Watchers, we inspire and guide the healthier choices that transform lives. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey. We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we encourage you to apply for this position.
This is a very exciting opportunity in the Science department to take on a role managing the wide portfolio of Weight Watchers studies, pilots, and clinical trials with researchers around the globe. As a science-based company and leader in behavioral weight management, research is at the heart of our program, and serves to provide an evidence base for the efficacy of our current programs and products, and test basic behavioral findings in the context of WW to drive program innovation. You will play a key role as an expert in clinical research, as well as a behavior change subject matter expert related to weight management and well-being.
- Support the broad work of the Science department by being an internal subject matter expert on all things science/behavior related in the weight management and well-being space. This could include: providing practical insights/guidance on bringing scientific research findings and behavioral strategies to life in our content, programs and products, and clinical insights into the member experience.
- Be the internal expert on clinical trials, from evaluating collaboration opportunities with external researchers, to leading internally-funded projects, including protocol development, participant recruitment, and data collection to interpreting the results and assisting with manuscript preparation
- Manage all day-to-day aspects and timelines of the clinical trials, pilots, and scientifically-related special projects
- Clinical trials & pilots: liaises with external research site administrative staff, principal investigator, and study staff to execute the evaluation (e.g., contractual matters, budget and payments, study start up and closure, managing timelines, adherence to protocol, data reporting) and work cross-functionally internally to execute the intervention (e.g., train intervention staff, set up and order meetings supplies, etc.)
- Special projects: work cross-functionally internally (with various departments) and with external consultants as appropriate to the project (e.g., reviews of internal data, advisory panels, strategic partnerships) to manage timelines, deliverables, contracts, budget, and project plans
- Have the ability to interpret trial results in the context of the broader scientific literature and in the context of the WW program for written reports and summaries, adjusting level of scientific detail for the audience
- Review/create the internal scientific communications, including the Science Compendium and Science Bulletin, based on frequent reviews of the scientific literature and scientific conference participation
- Provide scientific review of public-facing materials for various departments
- Review and synthesize scientific literature for research, clinical and business implications
- Maintain professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies to ensure that Weight Watchers is always aware of new thinking in the weight management and well-being arena.
- 5+ years’ professional experience with management of clinical research in the field of obesity, nutrition or physical activity. Must understand the scientific method of clinical trials as well as terms, processes, and implications of deviations.
- MS or PhD
- Knowledge of the behavioral principles of adult weight management, and behavior change for wellbeing, and experience working with adults participating in a behavioral weight management program preferred
- Experience with multi-center trials preferred
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, including the languages of medicine, scientific investigation and statistics.
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and all around team player
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Click here to learn more and apply.