SBM to Offer Achievement Awards at the 2018 Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
Each year, SBM provides awards recognizing outstanding achievement and contribution to the field of behavioral medicine. Nominations for awards must be submitted by current SBM members in good standing. Join SBM or renew your membership. With the exception of the Distinguished Mentor Award, self-nominations are accepted. Recipients will be presented with their awards during the 2018 SBM Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions.
Awards applications and supporting materials will be accepted during fall 2017; a call for applications and submission deadline will be announced on the SBM website. Only those nominations submitted via the online form before the deadline will be considered. SBM has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in all areas and encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to submit applications.
The following awards will be offered in 2018:
- Distinguished Scientist Award
- Research to Practice Award
- Jessie Gruman Award for Health Engagement
- Early Career Investigator Award
- Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Distinguished Student Awards
- Distinguished Mentor Award
- Excellence in Behavioral Medicine Training Program Award
Visit the SBM Annual Meeting Website for more information.