Why Attend SBM?
SBM is a vibrant, multidisciplinary society focused on the role of behavior in improving health. Most of our country's most daunting health challenges have behavioral origins, and achieving SBM’s vision of “better health through behavior change” has never been more important. SBM members include the nation’s leading scientists and practitioners, and SBM annual meetings are the premier forum for the most influential behavioral medicine research. Learn more about SBM and who we are here.
Who will I meet at SBM2018?
- SBM’s meeting is the only truly multidisciplinary behavioral medicine conference. SBM's membership includes approximately 2,400 behavioral and biomedical researchers and clinicians from more than 20 disciplines.
Will SBM2018 have the continuing education credits I need?
- The society offers an average of 28 credit hours per meeting to nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, psychologists, public health professionals, health education specialists, and dietitians.
What do other professionals say about SBM’s Annual Meetings?
- "Such an energizing conference, all of the sessions were wonderful and the focus on translating research into policy was timely."
- "Overall the conference provided many networking opportunities and allowed me to make some major connections."
- "As a graduate student, I found the emphasis on mentoring and career development extremely helpful."
SBM by the Numbers
- SBM's meeting offers over 250 session in more than 30 topic areas, including cancer, diabetes, pain, physical activity, nutrition, and digital health.
- 95% of 2017 meeting evaluation respondents indicating satisfaction with their experience.
- 85% of 2017 meeting evaluation respondents reported it was somewhat or extremely likely that they would attend the 2018 Annual Meeting.
- The last two SBM meetings have set attendance records of 1,876 and 2,053, respectively. An estimated 2,100 individuals from the United States and abroad will attend the 2018 Annual Meeting.