Student Volunteer Instructions
Basic Instructions for Better Volunteering
- Participate in one of the Volunteer Instructions Conference Call.
- Wear your SBM t-shirt while volunteering (which is distributed in the registration packets).
- Report to the Volunteer Room thirty (30) minutes before your scheduled time. Make contact with volunteer staff in the volunteer room for instructions. (Any volunteer who fails to report at the designated time may be subject to removal from the volunteer program, including removal of waived registration).
- Report to your assigned location no later than fifteen (15) minutes before the start of that event. (Any volunteer who fails to report at the designated time may be subject to removal from the volunteer program, including removal of waived registration).
- If your task is to collect APA signatures, sit at table provided immediately outside of the session room for the duration of the session. Do not sit down or stand inside the room at any time.
- If the session you are monitoring requires a ticket for entrance, make sure that ALL participants have a ticket. If they do not, refer them to the registration desk. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- SBM provides opportunities for continuing education credits. Only those people who require APA credits need to sign in and out. They must sign in prior to entering the session, and sign out upon completion of the paper presentation or session. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- When finished with your session, you are to return the sign in/out sheets and head count sheets to the volunteer staff in the volunteer room located at 522b, Level 5 at the Palais des congres de Montréal.
- Remain at your session at least 15-20 minutes after the session has ended, to ensure that all persons have had an opportunity to sign in/out. Any volunteer who leaves prior to 15-20 minutes after the ending of the session is subject to removal from the volunteer program, including removal of waived registration.
- If you have any problems or issues while volunteering, contact the registration desk or Carmella Canada, Project Coordinator.
- Your Registration Fee, minus the T-shirt and any Seminar/Course, CE credits, boxed lunch fees will be refunded within 2 weeks following the Annual Meeting and confirmation of successful completion of volunteering duties.
- Reimbursement Notes:
- Credit Card - the refunded amount will be reimbursed to the card used at the time of payment
- Check - the refunded amount will be refunded to the address and individual listed on the check used at the time of payment
On behalf of everyone at SBM, thank you for your involvement. If you have questions or concerns regarding these instructions, please contact Carmella Canada at the SBM national office via phone, (414) 918-3156, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Thank you. We look forward to seeing you in Montréal!!!